The core of our Articles of Faith is the belief in the inspiration and preservation of God’s Word in the sixty-six books of the Holy Bible.
What We Believe
- We believe in the literal, grammatical, and historical approach to the interpretation of the Scriptures.
- We believe that God has preserved His Word through the traditional Hebrew and Greek manuscripts and that the King James Version is the best translation of those manuscripts.
- We believe in the absolute Deity of Christ.
- We believe He is fully God.
- We believe He was fully man during His earthly ministry except He was without sin.
- We believe in His sinless life, vicarious death, physical resurrection, visible ascension, and His literal return.
- We believe that the human race is lost apart from salvation through a personal relationship with Christ.
- We believe in salvation by grace through faith plus nothing. We believe that the saved will spend eternity in heaven in the presence of God and that the lost will spend eternity in hell (a literal lake of fire) separated from God forever.
- We believe that the local church is God’s agent for accomplishing His purposes on earth.
- We believe that a church is a voluntary association of born again, baptized believers who function under the Lordship of Christ apart from outside governmental or ecclesiastical control.
- We believe it is the privilege and duty of every Christian to live a life of commitment to Christ.
- We believe it is the duty of every Christian to seek to evangelize the lost and edify the saved through affiliation with a local church.
This Proclamation does not exhaust the extent of our faith. The Bible itself is the sole and final source of all we believe. A copy of our complete Doctrinal Statement is available upon request.